Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Welcome To My Blog: Episode V – The Science Teacher Strikes Back

My new 7th grade is the fifth class I have welcomed to read my blog. This is my forum to write about my life as a teacher, a student and a person. 

Sometimes, I write to amuse. Sometimes, I write to inform and sometimes I write to help my students put things into perspective.

I hope you find it interesting. Please read, share, comment, agree or disagree with my thoughts and feelings.

I started this blog here in Lowell on January 10th, 2014. My teaching partner challenged me to post my thoughts and feelings every day until the end of the school year. 

This is my 181st post. That’s enough for one post for an entire school year plus one day. I guess you can think of this as the first post of my second school-year. But it’s not. 

It’s taken me nearly four years to get this far - 181 essays (‘cause that’s really what they are) is a lot of writing. This is also the third school where I have shared my blog. 

When I started, I was teaching Math and Science at the Hellenic American Academy right here in Lowell. I taught grades 6, 7 and 8. 

After that, I taught 8th grade Math and Science for two years at the Christa McAuliffe Charter School in Framingham.

This is my second year teaching 7th and 8th grade Science at the Bartlett Community Partnership School. 

This should be a great year. I’m excited to be back from summer vacation and start with a group of 8th grade students I know well, and to meet a whole new crop of 7th graders.



No comments:

Post a Comment