Sunday, March 3, 2019

Red Ink

I order them by the box - twelve at a time. This year, I had to order a second box - and it’s only March!

I’m going through red pens at an alarming rate. 

Just to be clear, I don’t lose pens like you folks lose pencils, books, erasers, glue sticks and homework assignments, I use them up. I wear them out. I take all that red ink and push it onto your work. 

So many red pens. 

I sincerely hope you take the time to read my comments, questions and observations on your work, but I suspect most of you just look at the grade and nothing else. 

I think this because returned work goes into your hands and then hits the recycling bin at supersonic speed. 

Am I wasting all my red ink?

I don’t think so, I do see some of my scholars reading my feedback. 

Maybe my comments will make a difference. 

Maybe my questions will prompt some of you to think about your work a little more deeply. 

Maybe some of you will take your work home and show your parents what you’re learning in science. 

Maybe I should just have Amazon automatically deliver me a new box of red pens every three months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment