Monday, April 6, 2015

Crossing It Off The Bucket List


I have never seen an actual rocket launch - I mean a full-sized NASA rocket. 

It is something that’s on my wish list. I would love to experience that in person.

My parents watched a shuttle launch many years ago. They were about 10 miles from the launch pad and said you felt more than heard the roar of the rockets. They said you could feel the waves of sound passing through your body. And that was from 10 miles away!

I did have the pleasure of visiting the Kennedy Space Center and walking beneath a Saturn V rocket they have on display. It’s over 360 feet tall or, in this case, long, because it is displayed on its side - truly an awesome sight. 

Maybe with the new SLS, I’ll get the opportunity to experience a launch. I hope so; it’s always nice to cross something off one’s bucket list.


1 comment:

  1. If I could, I would see a rocket be launched, too.

    Si je peux, je verrais une fusée lancer, aussi.

    ReplyDelete