Monday, April 27, 2015

Oh No, Not End-of-the-Year-Itis


According to my calculations, we have 45 days of school left. We have completed 75% of the school year and, I think, everyone has started looking forward to 3:30, June 26th. But…


...that also means we still have 25% of the school year to complete, so we still have a lot of work to do.

Let’s not fall into the trap I call end-of-the-year-itis. Don’t get so focused on the end that you forget we still have work to do. Don’t slack off - it’s not over yet. We still have a quarter of the year to complete and that’s a lot.

We have only one holiday between now and the end of the year so it’s going to be a busy and intense rest of the year. 

We still have science MCAS and end-of-the-year PARRC tests to do and that’s time that takes away from our instructional time. We have much to cover in all our subjects so let’s make sure we all focus on moving forward and avoiding end-of-the-year-itis.

6 comments:

  1. Oui ! Nous aurons du pain sur la planche !

    ReplyDelete
  2. that also means less time for you to get a ferrari by giving us kids hw

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER I MUST STOP DOING HOMEWORK (JK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do that.See how it goes...

      Delete
    2. are you ready for not freddy

      Delete
    3. I always wondered why people slack off at the end. Personally I feel as though I would want to do more,just so that I could end the year know a good note.

      Delete