Monday, May 4, 2015

I Gaze Into My Crystal Ball.....And All I See Are Pencils

I have put my thinking cap on, done some in-depth analysis, created a scatterplot and I think I can safely offer some predictions about life in my classroom. So, without further adieu, I bring you my predictions for May and June, 2015:

  • I will go thru 375 more pencils before the end of school,
  • I will hear "do you have a pencil sharpener that works" three times each day,
  • After every class I will find one to three pieces of homework that were left behind in my classroom. (BTW - That also allows me to predict who won't have their homework tomorrow),
  • On a day when we are not using tape, I will find a role of masking tape on the floor,
  • I will find hand sanitizer smeared under the Do Now bin on random days,
  • Someone will write "Home" on the white board under the last class of the day,
  • Three math students will ask "Where's Miss Carr." If she comes in the room more than twelve seconds after them,
  • We will lose one hall pass every day and then, miraculously, it will be found the next day. (Where do hall passes go to hide?)
  • I will be asked to draw a perfect circle three times per week by eighth graders I do not teach,
  • I will tell my students there are 117 questions on the quiz and about 25% of them will believe me.

2 comments: