Friday, October 30, 2015

Boring and Stressful


You know what’s boring for a teacher?

Watching students take a test. It’s technically called proctoring a test and it’s a yawnfest.

Let’s face it, assessments are not be most fun part of school for most folks. A lot of students find them boring and stressful. I understand that because I have some of the same feelings regarding assessments.

It’s boring to watch people take a test. I’d rather take the test than watch it being taken.

The stressful part for me is correcting fifty assessments accurately and as quickly as possible.

With math, I need to dig into each and every problem on each student’s assessment to see if they really understand the learning target I am assessing. It’s arduous work. It’s tedious. It’s very repetitive. It’s also stressful because for an assessment to have real meaning it must be corrected and returned to the student quickly.

So, you’re not the only ones living with boredom and stress - I am too, just in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment