Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Twirling Thing

I have this habit that you’ve probably noticed. Sometimes, when I’m waiting, I take my glasses off and spin them around in my right hand.

Please, do not try this with your glasses.

Your glasses probably have prescription lenses and you had to go to a doctor to get them. Then, you probably spent quite a bit of time choosing just the right frames to hold those lenses. Your parents probably paid hundreds of dollars for your glasses.


I did not visit the doctor for an eye examination or pour over hundreds of choices for my frames. My glasses are reading glasses and I buy them at the dollar store. I actually bought a whole bunch of them at a dollar store that was going out of business. So, I probably paid less than a buck a pair.

If I break my glasses, it’s no big deal.

If you break your glasses, trust me, it will be a very big deal.

Do yourself a favor, don’t twirl or spin your glasses.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I have noticed that, is there a reason you started doing that? and did you break your glasses?

    NR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never broken by glasses by twirling them. I have broken glasses an a number of other ways. I have no idea when or why I started doing this. My students two years ago pointed it out to me. I wasn't even aware I was doing it.

      Delete