Saturday, October 21, 2017

Fell Off A Chair

How does this happen?

I mean, please explain exactly what caused this.

It makes no sense to me - I can not comprehend how this could happen.
You fell off a chair. 

One minute, you’re sitting. Then you’re in free-fall. A split second later the chair falls on you. 

Think about that. You were in class, taking notes, doing your work, minding your own business and then, suddenly and without warning, you fell off your chair.

Did you get dizzy? Did you pass out? Was there a highly centralized earthquake at your lab table?

Face it, you weren’t performing death-defying acts on the balance beam or the uneven bars. You weren’t pointe dancing through Swan Lake……you were sitting.

I know you weren't leaning back and balancing on two of the chair legs, because, well, we’ve talked about that before.  

I do wish you could give me a rational and scientific explanation for this phenomenon. (Here’s a hint: Gravity is going to be a big part of the story).

Had to go to the nurse because you…fell…off…a…chair. <pfffft>

No comments:

Post a Comment