Sunday, October 8, 2017

What's With The Unfinished Work?

I have seen a trend in the work I’ve recently graded. People are not finishing their assignments. 

It seems a significant amount of the work I have looked at has at least one question blank. I see four question Do Nows with blank answer spaces. I see homework where all but one of the questions has been answered. I look in your notebooks and questions are left blank.

What’s with this?

Do you think I’m giving you seven questions about a reading but am secretly hoping you only answer five? Folks, its not done until all the questions are answered.

I don’t give a lot of homework, but what I do give, I expect to be done. 

Would you enjoy your dinner 80 percent cooked? Would you like to play a video game where the designers stopped writing code when they got most of the game done? Would you appreciate if your phone worked 75 percent of the time because Apple or Samsung figured that was good enough?

It’s simple…you need to finish what you start.

It’s like a great joke I heard the other day:

      A man was walking down the street, followed by six penguins. A police officer asked him, “What are you doing with those six penguins?” The man replied, “That’s just it, Officer. 
I don’t know what to do with them.” The police officer shakes his head and said, “Why don’t
you take them to the zoo?” 

      The man agrees that this is a great idea. Well, the very next day, the same police officer sees the same man and he still has the six penguins following him. However, the penguins are now wearing sunglasses. 

      The police officer calls the man over and says, “I thought I told you to take those penguins to the zoo.” 


      The man says, “Yes sir, I did. And…

No comments:

Post a Comment