Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Tuesday, June 2, 2020

My last observation was last Tuesday, so it’s been a week.   

  • Mini-habitat #1 I guess the offspring are mature, there’s mating going on all over the place.  (See photo)





  • Mini-habitat #2 I saw mating going on in this habitat as well.   (See photo)




  • Mini-habitat #4 We have reached some sort of a tipping point, because we have mating going on here too. The bugs don’t seem to be bothered by the mold, so I’m going to leave it there instead of risking a mass escape. (See photo) 


















  • Mini-habitat #5 I saw two pairs mating in this habitat today.  (See picture)





















  • Mini-habitat - Extras - I see mating here too. This bag is a mosh-mosh of large, small and medium sized bugs, discarded exoskeletons, and dead bugs. What a mess.   (See picture)




I have not heard back from the central office about what to do with these bugs when school is done. We have been told not to release them. I suggested someone else take them for the Summer & Fall and then, instead of buying new ones next year, we could use our own. No response yet. Secret code word: Escape

I will make more observations on later this week…watch your email for a notification of when I post.  

Stay safe!


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010

1 comment: