Sunday, May 8, 2022

The Water Bottles - Ugh

 OMG those water bottles!

They are everywhere; on the floor, on desks, sitting on windowsills, under the tables, and in the lockers - so many water bottles in the lockers. It seems if there is a flat surface, there’s a water bottle on it. 


I am sooooooo tired of cleaning up, mostly full, water bottles in my classroom. I can’t take it any more. 


If there were a professional league for throwing water bottles across a classroom and landing them in the sink, I’d be an MVP. I am the Steph Curry of three-point shots with water bottles. 


Last week, as I tossed the bottles into the sink, I intentionally didn’t empty them or put them in the recycling bins. I just let them pile up. I filled the sink and then some!


I can not imagine how much our little school has spent on cases of water, but I’m sure it’s enough to buy a considerable number of new books.


Nobody wants sluggish, dehydrated students or students who drink so much water they’re in the restroom half the time. But, there has to be some middle ground. 


How about about dumping them out in the sink when you’re done and tossing the empties in a recycling bin?


How about carrying a reusable bottle and filling it up from time to time?


How about taking your water bottles with you?


How about finishing what you take?

No comments:

Post a Comment