Thursday, June 12, 2014

What is Rocky Really About?


It’s about setting a goal - a goal you’re not sure you can attain, then doing all the hard work necessary to achieve it. 

When Mrs. Minaker challenged me to blog for 100 days I didn’t think I could do it. I just didn’t have the time. Between school and all my part-time jobs and my master’s program, I didn’t see how I could fit in 100 blog posts. I decided to post something on every school day.

And here we are. 

Tomorrow is the last day of school and tomorrow will mark my 95th post. It has not been easy, but I made time each day to share some thoughts with my students. Sometimes they were silly and fun and sometimes they supplemented what I was teaching in class. I hope they have been interesting and entertaining.

I feel a sense of accomplishment to have achieved my goal. It was worth the time and effort. 

Tomorrow, for my last blog post, I will answer the question that I asked all my students to write about before I had even met most of them:

“Why Science is Important.”

No comments:

Post a Comment