Saturday, January 30, 2016

Poised and Polished

“What an amazing experience.” Those were my thoughts at the end of Thursday’s Culminating Event.

During his Skype call, Joe Tanner cited several spinoffs our students had studied and written about and I could see those particular students were excited to have their spinoff mentioned.

I was so impressed with our scholars as they presented their projects to the hundreds of adults in attendance. I visited every room, listened to the speeches and spoke to scores of parents. 

I heard fantastic feedback from parents and others. To quote one parent: “I was blown away by the presentations, the research, and the magazines.”

Another parent said she appreciated being able to share her memories of the Challenger Disaster publicly by writing on the whiteboard in the cafe. “This is a great way for people to share and honor Christa McAuliffe and the crew.”

The eighth graders were poised and their speeches were polished. What an evening.

I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say that was a great experiece to meet an astronaut and to show our parents what we have been learning throughout the trimester.
    -Gabe A

    ReplyDelete