Saturday, October 3, 2020

My Life in Sticky Notes

Okay, what we’re doing right now is a lot. Being remote and teaching kids who are also remote is hard. There are hundreds of things to keep track of in a day, thousands of thoughts that pass through my head while teaching, and nearly zero capacity to keep track of it all in real time.

My solution?


Sticky notes.


I jot notes to myself all day long. I stick them to my desk, my computer, my phone, anyplace where I’m sure to find it later. 


At this moment, I have six sticky notes stuck to my computer screen - in addition to three more pieces of paper outlining my schedule and other school-related stuff. 


One note reminds me to cancel a dental appointment, one is to remember to write this blog post. There is nothing earth shattering about any of these notes, but, in this tech-driven world, the fact that this is the best way I have found to stay on top of things says something.


No comments:

Post a Comment