Wednesday, March 12, 2014

It’s Really Coming


The truck has left Fenway Park.

Pitchers and catchers have reported.

We’ve sprung forward.

We’ve had two days with temperatures over 50° in the last week.

As I was walking the dog yesterday, I noticed buds on some of the trees. 

And, the most important harbinger of all, a skunk got into my trash last night.

Spring will be here in just eight days.

The crocuses, tulips and daffodils will be arriving shortly.

It means the end of snow days and indoor recess. It means I can put my shovels away. I can get my heavy winter coat dry cleaned and put way. I don’t have to talk to my oil guy again until fall.

It means the smell of freshly cut grass is just around the corner.

It means this awful, miserable, cold winter is nearly behind us and we’ve survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment