Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bare Walls


Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk correcting papers. I looked up and was struck by how much stuff we have hanging on the walls and displayed around the room.

I thought back to the first day of school where there were just four posters on the wall - the lab safety poster, the periodic table, word problem keywords and the Hellenic mission statement.

Now, I see a room filled with student work. I see Pi stretching across three walls, student presentations about constellations and elements. I see rockets, hand-made globes, a fake clock (smashed, of course), a huge poster about Bernoulli's Principle and  so much more.

It's amazing to think back to the bare walls. 

In just a few short weeks, we'll be wrapping up the year and will be back to those bare walls, ready for another exciting year of math and science at the Hellenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment