Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Macbeth Project


Yesterday we held our screening of the Macbeth Project. 

After reading Macbeth in Mrs. Minaker’s class, the students ventured to Lowell Telecommunications Corporation studios to film their own version of the Shakespearian drama.

Mrs. Minaker wrote an updated, shortened and simplified script. The students of the 4th through 8th grades chose their parts and began to learn their lines, then they added their own unique twist to the story.

Let me tell you, Monty Python’s got nothing on this crew. 


It was a fun and interesting experience. The student’s learned what it feels like to memorize lines, work together and act out a part in front of the unblinking eye of the camera. They learned what it takes to stage a production, what goes on behind the scenes and the technical wizardry of a modern television production facility.

Something tells me, none of these kids will forget the experience.

We shot more almost four hours of footage and boiled it down to three movies: The Macbeth Trailer, the feature presentation, and a blooper reel. 

Tomorrow I will post links to download each movie.  If you want a higher resolution copy, I'll make DVD of the project.

(If you do want an actual DVD of the project, please let me know and I’ll be happy to make one for you. I do, however, need to charge $3 for the DVD to cover my out-of-pocket costs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment