Friday, May 30, 2014

My Home Office


When I’m not at school, I spend a fair amount of time in my home office. That’s where I do most of my lesson plans for school, write many of my tests and quizzes, and design the lessons I present in class.

I thought I’d take everyone on a brief tour of my home office. 

On the desk, my two computers. You’ve seen my iMac at school. Sometimes it’s just easier to lug it into school, then to try to do what I need to do on the school computers. To the right, not in the picture, are two VHS VCRs, a Betamax tape player and my printer.  I use these in my video business.

To the left, not shown as well, is a table where I try to keep all the paperwork in my life organized. 

On the wall are things that are representative of what I find important. In the upper left is the signed picture from astronaut Chris Cassidy, a Jason Mraz poster that was given to me by my oldest son, and a signed Aztec Two-Step poster that was given to me by my youngest son. 

On the right side is my college diploma and below that, a poster from The Wasp Woman - a really bad science fiction movie. Hanging over that poster is my old badge from Apple.

On the shelf above my iMac are business cards from many of the jobs I’ve held over the past 20 years and an assortment of knick knacks including a rubber brain, two miniature billboards from my days selling radio, a collection of books about video editing software and the complete issues of The National Geographic up to 2007.

Behind my desk is a huge print of a shipwreck - see below.

That’s my home office. 

That’s were I put my lessons together. 

That’s where i am when I figure out how to best stump my students with a ridiculous bonus question on a math test.

No comments:

Post a Comment