Monday, May 11, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Monday, May 11, 2020

My last observation was Thursday, so it’s been four days since my last observation.  Today, I will be sure to include a picture of each mini-habitat.

  • Mini-habitat #1 A group of milkweed bugs was clustered around the air holes. (See photo)





  • Mini-habitat #2 Some of the milkweed bugs are starting to develop the pattern of dots and stripes as they get larger. (See photo)


















  • Mini-habitat #4 We lost one adult since my last observation. Some of the bugs are getting almost as large as the remaining adult. (See photo) 



  • Mini-habitat #5 I found the last adult today. Some of the baby bugs are maturing so it’s getting harder to quickly see the adult vs the almost mature bugs. (See picture)



















  • Mini-habitat #7 The last adult in this habitat is on the water supply paper towel either again or still. Is seems to be more active than it was last week.  

  • Mini-habitat - Extras - There is so much going on in this bag, it’s crazy.  (See picture)




I have been very pleased to not see any escapees from our habitats. Of course, I’ve probably just jinxed myself.

I will make more observations on Friday of this week…watch your email for a notification of when I post.

Stay safe!


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010

No comments:

Post a Comment