Sunday, May 3, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Sunday, May 3, 2020

My last observation was Tuesday, so it’s been just two days since my last observation. I was concerned about the water levels so I’m double checking those today.\

  • Mini-habitat #1 Nymphs continue to grow. (See photo)


  • Mini-habitat #2 A lot of the bugs were congregated in one area of the cotton. I have no idea what that is about. (See photo)



















  • Mini-habitat #4 Both original adults are still alive. No mating observed recently. (See photo) 

















  • Mini-habitat #5 We still have one adult alive. I could not see any change in the color of the clutch I found the other day.  (See picture)




  • Mini-habitat #7 Still one adult all alone. No observed changes.












  • Mini-habitat - Extras - I think we still have four adults left. Since this was the habitat of “extra” milkweed bugs, I do not know how many we started with. A couple of the bugs are almost as large as the mature adults, but are much more orange in color. I wonder if they will develop the dark pattern as they continue to mature.   (See picture)







I will make more observations on Thursday of this week…watch your email for a notification of when I post.

Your work this week will include reading the last several observations I have posted. 

Stay safe!


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010

No comments:

Post a Comment