Thursday, January 16, 2014

I Think I Have a Class of Beavers


I think my classes are comprised of beavers. It’s the only explanation I can come up with that makes sense. Understand, beavers don’t actually eat wood - they do eat bark but not the actual pulpy wood of trees. They cut down little trees and make lodges/dams from them so it might appear they are eating wood but they’re really not.

As a courtesy, I have a little bin of pencils for those students who can’t seem to hang on to a writing implement for more than 37 minutes. Where these missing implements go is a
mystery, but they go, that is for certain.

So far this year, I have put out about 80 pencils and, as of yesterday, I only have one left. That means I’m losing a bit more than a pencil a day to my lodge-building beavers. At that rate, I’ll go through about 200 pencils by the end of school.

Back to my original point, I think I have a class of beavers. I think they must be taking my pencils in order to build their hutches.

Would someone please get the Ticonderoga Pencil Company on the phone? 

I need a new shipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment