Friday, January 10, 2014

My Hope...


“If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants” - Sir Isaac Newton

That’s quite a sentiment coming from one of the giants of science. I’m no scientist, but I can echo his thought to some extent. If I can understand science at all it is because of the brilliant men and women who came before me. Some of them were teachers, writers and scientists.

I teach science and math at the middle school level - grades 6, 7 and 8. My job is to train these young men and women in the ways of science and math. So far this year, we’ve studied Physics, Earth Science and Astronomy, Pre-Algebra and Algebra.

That’s kind of the nuts and bolts of what the Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires me to teach my students. 

My hope for my students, is that I am able to instill some of the wonder I feel for the world, the joy and confidence of understanding and the foundation to go as far as their drive, curiosity and intellect will take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment