Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Day in Kindergarten



I have to give all the credit in the world to Kindergarten teachers.  I was a substitute in Kindergarten just one day and I’ve never been so tired at the end of a day in my life.

I had 25 kids each one cuter than the other. The teacher I was in for usually had an assistant but she was out as well, so it was just me and 25 little ones.

I learned a lot that day. 

I learned that they always, always, always did the day of the week before the weather. Talk about regimented, wow.

I learned that the attention span of a kindergarten student is about one third of a second. 

I learned that the words “line up” mean stand still in line for that one third of a second before aimlessly wandering away.

I learned that a 25 to 1 ratio is insanity incarnate.

At the end of the day, I dragged myself out to the car. Slumped in the seat and drank down an entire bottle of water before driving home.

Once home, I hurled myself onto the couch for a well deserved nap. 

“Never again, never again, “ I breathlessly muttered as I drifted off.

No comments:

Post a Comment