Monday, March 16, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Monday March 16, 2020

When we first put the bugs in the mini-habitat at school they were already mating. 

Because the suppler did not separate the males and females, the easiest way to determine their sex, was to simply put mating pairs in the bags.


The mating seemed to go on, pretty much non-stop for the first few days. When I took a good look today, none of the milkweed bugs were mating. Some were on the sunflower seed packets, some were near the water, and some were in other parts of the habitat. 

I did not observe any clutches yet in the habitats where we have just two bugs. 

I will check in again tomorrow and post more about the milkweed bugs. 


With school being pushed back to at least April 7th, I’m even more glad I chose to bring the bugs home. 

Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010





2 comments:

  1. I wonder they separated/stop mating and are not together anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am coming back to mention, this is Tyler L. Realized later that my posts were coming up anonymous for some reason.

      Delete