Sunday, March 22, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Sunday, March 22, 2020

Another update - good news and bad news. 

We lost our first adult milkweed bug. I found one of the bugs in bag 6 dead at the bottom of the bad. Hopefully he/she successfully mated and laid eggs before dying. Time will tell. 

The tiny nymphs I showed you in class are growing. When we first got them, they looked like the size of pepper flakes. Now, they are noticeably larger. 

In bag five one of the bugs was walking around on the food bag. In another mini-habitat (I did not record the number) a milkweed bug was on the wet paper towel.

More observations to come on Tuesday.

Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010






4 comments:

  1. That bag sort of turned into the milkweed bug cemetery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope the nymphs don't sneak out and roam around your house without you knowing! Also sorry for this being 3 days late, I didn't really check your classroom until today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that one died. What do you think could have caused that? Also, has your wife found out about the bugs yet? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am coming back to mention, this is Tyler L. Realized later that my posts were coming up anonymous for some reason.

      Delete