Saturday, March 28, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Saturday, March 28, 2020

I think it’s not true, but it seems to be taking longer for the clutches to hatch than in years past. It could just be that time feels like it is moving slower since we’re not in school. We still have more than a month before school is scheduled to begin again. 

  • Mini-habitat #1 Lots of clutches. This might be the most successful pair of milkweed bugs.
  • Mini-habitat #2 Large clutch is getting more reddish.
  • Mini-habitat #3 I don’t know if I reported this before. We lost an adult in this bag. 
  • Mini-habitat #4 Two large clutches in the cotton. 
  • Mini-habitat #5 Mating today.
  • Mini-habitat #6 I still see no clutches. If I don’t see any by sometime next week, I’m going to put the one remaining bug into the extras bag.
  • Mini-habitat #7 Still see no clutches.
  • Mini-habitat  - Nymphs - I am still having a hard time finding any moving nymphs. 
  • Mini-habitat - Extras - Lots of clutches in the cotton.


More observations to come on Tuesday, March 31st.

Also, I created a new remind group for anonymous texting. Please join the remind group below and comment on today’s observations.

Is everyone okay? If you need anything, let me know and I’ll the word to the right person.


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010







2 comments:

  1. They did get a lot redder. Is the bag with no clutch the one with the male who died early on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am coming back to mention, this is Tyler L. Realized later that my posts were coming up anonymous for some reason.

      Delete