Thursday, March 26, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Thursday, March 26, 2020

We’re gonna have lots of nymphs soon.

  • Mini-habitat #1 Milkweed bug on the bag, behind the number.
  • Mini-habitat #2 Large clutch is getting more reddish. Eggs are getting closer to hatching. It also looks like a large clutch on the netting for the food. 
  • Mini-habitat #3 Several clutches in the cotton.
  • Mini-habitat #4 Two large clutch in the cotton. 
  • Mini-habitat #5 We lost an adult. No clutches that I can see.
  • Mini-habitat #6 We lost an adult. No clutches that I can see. 
  • Mini-habitat #7 I see no clutches.
  • Mini-habitat  - Nymphs - I had a hard time finding the nymphs today. Maybe they are buried in the cotton..maybe they’re wandering around my office (although, I have not seen any)


Mini-habitat - Extras - More mating going on.


More observations to come on Saturday.

Also, I created a new remind group for anonymous texting. Please join the remind group below and comment on today’s observations.

And, one more thing. Is everyone okay? Does anyone need food? If you need anything, let me know and I’ll the word to the right person.


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010





2 comments:

  1. why do you think we are losing so many adults ???😢😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am coming back to mention, this is Tyler L. Realized later that my posts were coming up anonymous for some reason.

      Delete