Saturday, March 14, 2020

The Bugs Are Alright

That figures. We finally get the milkweed bugs to study and they send us all home for two weeks. 

This is not ideal. 

I brought the mini-habitats home. I did not feel comfortable leaving them unattended for two weeks plus weekends. All told, that would have been 16 days. Plus, the school is going to be cleaned with a disinfecting fog, and I wasn’t sure what that might do to the milkweed bugs.


So here’s my plan: I’m going to observe the bugs and keep you updated. I will post pictures and video here on my blog so you can keep up with the progress as we move from just one male and one female milkweed bug to a whole lot of bugs. 

Stay tuned, I’ll post every few days.


BTW, there’s no need to mention this to my wife. She’ll sleep a lot better not knowing I have 50+ milkweed bugs in my office. 

Shhhhhhhhhh

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh.... I bet you got it when she found out! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am coming back to mention, this is Tyler L. Realized later that my posts were coming up anonymous for some reason.

      Delete