Monday, March 30, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Monday, March 30, 2020

And it’s a…..NYMPH!  We’ve had some activity in the last two days, with more to come.

  • Mini-habitat #1There are at least five clutches in this bag. One of them is very red. Look at the photograph (Lower, right corner). We’ll probably have nymphs the next time I look
  • Mini-habitat #2 The large clutch is gone, replaced my nymphs. Check out the photo!
  • Mini-habitat #3 I see no clutches. There is just one bug in the mini-habitat standing on the stick today.
  • Mini-habitat #4 Now, there are four distinct clutches on the cotton. 
  • Mini-habitat #5 One bug was on the cotton today. Maybe the female laying eggs? Time will tell.
  • Mini-habitat #6 No change. No clutches. Just one bug left. If I don’t see any by Friday, I’m going to put the one remaining bug into the extras bag.
  • Mini-habitat #7 I took a really good look at the cotton today. No clutches. I wonder why?
  • Mini-habitat  - Nymphs - I’m not sure there is anything alive in this bag. :( 
  • Mini-habitat - Extras - Now, we have lots of nymphs running around and still have some clutches. One pair was mating when I did my observation today.


More observations to come on Wednesday, April 1st

Also, I created a new remind group for anonymous texting. Please join the remind group below and comment on today’s observations.

Is everyone okay? If you need anything, let me know and I’ll the word to the right person.


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... so we now have 2 bags with only one bug in them? Also, I am doing well. How are you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am coming back to mention, this is Tyler L. Realized later that my posts were coming up anonymous for some reason.

      Delete