Monday, April 13, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Monday, April 13, 2020

Okay, so I already messed up my observation schedule. Oh well. Here’s a new one. It’s been a while - Five days to be exact

  • Mini-habitat #1 There are a great many nymphs in this habitat. The two adults are still
    alive. I can also see more clutches in the cotton. The nymphs are getting bigger too. You can see some of them on the straw in the picture. They run fast.
  • Mini-habitat #2 We have lost one adult milkweed bug. It is resting on the netting for
    the food. The nymphs are much larger than they were five days ago. Compare the size of these nymphs in the picture to the nymphs in bag #1.


















  • Mini-habitat #4 Today, the two adults were mating on the food bag. There are two
    very red clutches in the cotton (See bottom photograph). I expect they will both hatch before our next 
    observation.


















  • Mini-habitat #5 We have more clutches in this mini-habitat now. 
  • Mini-habitat #7 Two adults are still alive. No clutches, no nymphs. You can see them both in the photograph. One near the top of the image, and the other near the
    bottom.
















  • Mini-habitat - Extras - Many, many bugs in this bag. I can see one dead adult. Two pairs were mating. There are many nymphs of different sizes on or near the water. (See picture)
      
More observations to come on Thursday this week…watch your email for a notification of when I post.

Please join the remind group below and comment on today’s observations.

BTW: For some reason, I am unable to post comment replies on my blog. If you comment, I will see and read it, but I can not reply. Weird.


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010

No comments:

Post a Comment