Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Tuesday, April 28, 2020

My last observation was Thursday, so it’s been five days. I got busy yesterday and forgot to do my observation.

  • Mini-habitat #1 Lots of bugs of all sizes. I could not find one of the adults. The largest of the nymphs is getting big. Several of the smallest nymphs seemed to have gotten into the water container and drowned (See photo)

  • Mini-habitat #2 The little bugs are growing fast!  maybe there is an advantage to looking every 5 days…the changes are much more noticeable. (See photo)

















  • Mini-habitat #4 Here’s the downside of not observing for five days: This habitat was out of water. All the bugs seem fine, so the paper towel was still probably wet, but I can’t let them run out of water. (See photo) 


















  • Mini-habitat #5 This one was also very low on water. Lots of nymphs of all sizes (See picture)


















  • Mini-habitat #7 No changes. One adult left. I wonder how long it will live?


  • Mini-habitat - Extras - There is a lot going on in this habitat! Lots of nymphs and they’ve gotten a lot bigger since last week. The water container was dry as well. I need to fill these more if I’m not going to check every couple of days. There are several dead adults. Two adults were mating.  (See picture)

I will make more observations on Thursday of this week…watch your email for a notification of when I post.

Don’t forget to turn in your work on Friday and share pictures of your projects - plants, pinhole cameras, etc…

Stay safe!


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010

No comments:

Post a Comment