Thursday, April 23, 2020

Milkweed Bugs, Thursday, April 23, 2020

My last observation was Sunday, so it’s been four days.

  • Mini-habitat #1 Wow! These nymphs are getting big fast. The two adults were mating today. (See photo)


  • Mini-habitat #2 We have nymphs of all sizes - tiny black specks to big red-bellied ones. (See photo)
















  • Mini-habitat #4 Here is aphid of the two adults. All the little black specks are new nymphs. (See photo) 





















  • Mini-habitat #5 I still can not find the second adult. I took a picture of the one I could find. Many nymphs in the habitat. (See picture)



















  • Mini-habitat #7 Here is a photo of the dead adult. Just one left. No clutches or nymphs. (See picture)






  • Mini-habitat - Extras - This habitat is crazy busy. There were two pair mating. I think we have lost a few adults. There are many nymphs of differing sizes. (See picture)




















I will make more observations on Monday next week…watch your email for a notification of when I post.

I will post work Monday night that will be due next Friday.


Contact information: 
Remind: text @497h7k to 81010

No comments:

Post a Comment